Pawsitively Elgin Information Manual
Here you should be able to find all the answers! But if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us!
Springwater Conservation Area
47719 Conservation Line,
- Free parking (no overnight parking)
- RV and Trailer overnight parking is permitted ONLY if you have a camp site - this is done through contact Springwater Conservation Area
Move In Information
- Event Day Saturday – 7:00 AM – 9:30 AM
- All vehicles must be removed and parked by 9:30 AM in the parking lot IF you’re not parking at the back of your site.
Arrival On Site
Please arrive at the Gate House for registration before entering into the park area. There will be plenty of signs directing you! Here you will be given your passes (wrist bands) for the up to 3 people in your site. We’ll also direct to your site and you’ll be ready to roll!
Set Up Site Information
- Friday - 3:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- Saturday - 6:00 AM – 8:00 AM
- All vehicles must be off the vendor “road” circle and parked by 8:45 AM (if there is room, you can park behind your tent or in the general parking lot)
Close Down Site Information
- You can start closing down your site on Saturday after the event end between 4:00 PM and 8:00 PM.
- Move-out on Saturday begins only after the show closes. For courtesy and safety to the attendees, no dismantling of displays or materials is permitted before 5:00 PM on Saturday. All exhibits must be removed by 7:00 pm on Saturday.
Included in your Contracted Booth Space
- Fresh air
- Lots of trees and shade
- Squirrels (with and without nuts)
If you require hydro you will need to choose a site in the Downtown Core. Please let us know in ADVANCE of the event that you will be needing an outlet so we can have it ready for you.
Not Included in your Booth Space
- Furniture – (ie: table, chairs)
- Booth Cleaning
- Advanced storage of material
Booth Set Up
- Sites: For your standard 15’ x 15’ booth, the height of the display is not restricted . Your overall area in the park for your booth location will not be any less than 20’ in width. Some depths will be limited to 15’. (Please be aware, these are the MINIMUM sizes. All booth locations are larger.)
- Exhibitors planning to use special equipment or construction techniques are urged to submit plans to the Event Organizers in advance, to ensure compliance with all regulations.
- Lighting that spins, rotates, pulsates, and other specialized lighting effects is prohibited. Lighting of this type, can trigger photosensitive epilepsy, produce undesirable sensation leading to trips or falls and may also distract from the general atmosphere of the show.
- The exhibitor is responsible for the cleaning of their rental booth space at the end of the event.
- Garbage bins will be provided in the exhibitor/sponsor area during and after the event.
Soliciting of business and distribution of samples, promotional items and literature must be confined to your contracted exhibit space. It is not permitted in other exhibitor’s booths, at any entrance/exit, or anywhere on the grounds of the event, including the parking area (car windshields) without Show Management authorization.
In order to maintain a professional image for the public attending the show, any sign or signage must be printed and installed inside the limits of your assigned leased space.
Show Management reserves the right to restrict sounds from any source that interferes with activities in neighbouring booths.
Food and Beverage
Sample food and beverage products, for attendees, may not be distributed or sold by exhibiting organizations except upon written authorization.
Exhibitors wishing to conduct a contest or draw please follow some of the rules below:
- Draws conducted by exhibitors in conjunction with their exhibit must be free of any obligation on the part of their winner. Prize-winners must not be required to place an order before collecting the prize offered.
- The listing of prizes and terms of the draws must be clearly stated on the entry form.
- You will need to disclose the number and approximate value of prizes.
- You must not delay the awarding of prizes.
Raffles and contests requiring a “payment to win” or for “fundraising” purposes are not permitted unless you are a not-for-profit organization and are in order to comply with the Ontario Lottery Laws.
- The entire area of Springwater Conservation Area will not be secured and not have any security throughout the night.
- Pawsitively Elgin MAY have a person spending the evening at the park BUT they are not a security guard and will NOT act as one.
- We suggest that no product or goods are left Friday night and ask that only your tent, tables and like, be placed in your booth area.
- All tents need to be lowered and either tied down or weighted down over the night in the event of strong winds developing.
- We have requested the Elgin OPP conduct 2 separate walk-throughs of the event for the Saturday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Show Management does not assume responsibility for loss or stolen items. Exhibitors should take all possible precautions, especially insurance, to protect their own property
Fire Safety Regulations
- Show Management or Fire Department Officials may order the removal of any materials, such as packing paper, cardboard, plastic materials, etc., where the quantity or nature of the materials may create a hazard to the public.
- Literature, supplies and handouts are permissible in reasonable quantities.
- Reserve quantities shall be kept in closed containers and stored in a neat, compact manner within the booth area.
All entrances, exits, pathways, driveways shall be unobstructed at all times during the event times. Vehicles in lanes or blocking roadways, pathways, exits, etc., will be removed at owner’s expense.
Electrical Safety Requirements
- The Ontario Electrical Safety Code regulation 794/80, requires that all electrical equipment must be approved before it may be lawfully advertised, displayed, offered for sale, sold or otherwise disposed of or used in the Province of Ontario.
- It is therefore the responsibility of each exhibitor to ensure that all electrical equipment in, on or about, his or her booth complies with the above regulation. This includes electrical merchandise, extension cords, lighting and display equipment.
- Electrical equipment for which approval is sought can be submitted to: Canada Standards Association 178 Rexdale Boulevard. Rexdale, ON M9W 1R3 Phone: 416-747-4000 www.csagroup.org
- One of the fundamental requirements for Canadian Standards Association certification is that appropriate approval markings (CSA monogram or label) appear on each devise. If such markings are missing, the device must be considered unapproved and therefore, subject to special inspection and possible removal from the exhibit.
- Inspectors may be visiting the show to ensure compliance with the code. They will identify any unapproved equipment in evidence, and offer information to exhibitors detailing the steps required to have the unapproved equipment accepted.
- If you wish to display, offer for sale, or use any electrical equipment, which is not now certified by Canadian Standards Association, it is first necessary to submit the equipment to the Electrical Safety Authority.
- Should any of this equipment not conform, it is recommended that you require temporary “permission to show” while the necessary electrical approval certification is being sought: Electrical Safety Authority Phone: 1-877-372-7233
- Failure of electrical equipment to comply with Safety Code requirements can result in the equipment being refused connection to the source of electrical supply and it may be ordered removed from the display.
Insurance (Proof of)
Neither Show Management nor any show contractor can be responsible for the loss or damage to any property of the exhibitor before, during or after the show, including theft. Our insurance policy does not extend coverage to the Exhibitors/ Vendors/Sponsors. Exhibitors need to provide their own liability insurance coverage with a minimum $2,000,000 limit during the period commencing on the first move-in date and terminating on the last move-out date. The policy shall protect us and insure you against all claims, demands, actions or proceedings for money, damages, costs, penalties and losses and all liability which may be imposed by law for loss of life, personal injury, or damage to or loss of property arising from or in any way connected with your presence or operations at the Show.
Visit our page HERE and find out how to get insurance coverage for the day for under $15!